We sat down with Willem Sels, Global Chief Investment Officer at HSBC Global Private Banking and Wealth, to discuss why – and how – investors need to react to a world that is fundamentally changing, and how they can adapt to disruption.
Key talking points include:
Our macro views
- We expect a broad-based slowdown in global economic growth
- But no recession – therefore no stagflation
- An ease in inflationary pressure, albeit a gradual one
Top structural themes. Our high conviction themes continue to be centred around
- the digital transformation
- the sustainability revolution
- Asia’s structural strengths
The new definition of ‘quality’. Companies need
- a stable market position to protect margins;
- healthy balance sheets; and
- strong human capital
For more on our house views and investment themes, read our latest Investment Outlook report. And for more expertise, including market updates and regional outlooks, visit our investment insights page.